piątek, 13 stycznia 2012

my dream places are...

If I won million dollars, I would go to….

1.GREAT BARRIER REEF

Aside from the Great Coral Reef  is  one of the seven wonders of the natural world, the largest reef in the world and consists of nearly 3000 individual reefs, 880 islands and hundreds and thousands of different types of plant, bird and marine life etc. IT  IS  MY DREAM PLACE! This is my number one on my ‘wish list’. Why? I really don’t know. It’s hard to explain. When I see photos from there, I feel the tension, excitement and strange feeling in my stomach. I’m stunned colors that can be found under water. I marvel that apart from us, people living and walking on the ground, under the water there is still totally different world. Extremely colorful and fascinating!   Although I’m not the best swimmer and I’m afraid of deep, a huge desire to see up close beautiful underwater world, will overcome fear. My desire to visit this amazing place has grown even more, when two years ago I heard that for about 50 years reef may disappear.. Big part of its surface is covered by strict environmental protection, because the Australian reef belongs to the most threatened ecosystems on earth. But it’s still not enough.. Global warming blamed for it. If the temperature rise by 2OC,  the corals will die out!







2.MALDIVES

My dreams of Maldives are associated with childhood.. As I was a little kid, looking through catalogs, watching TV commercial of travel agencies, everywhere were shown paradise: white sandy beach, azure sea, palm trees and lady laying in a hammock. I always wanted to be this lady! For me that how perfect place looks.  Some girls dreamed to be a model or singer, the other wanted to have The Barbie doll. Maldives are my dream.
The legend is that one night stars rained into the waters of the Indian Ocean. At dawn, some of them flowed to the surface, forming an archipelago of the Maldives. Looking at the photos of bird’s eye landscape of  islands scattered over the emerald ocean waves, you can believe in this legend.
 The Maldives lies in two rows of atolls in the Indian Ocean, just across the equator. The country is made up of 1,190 coral islands formed around 26 natural ring-like atolls, spread over 90,000 square kilometers. Unfortunately,  like The Great Barrier Reef, due to global warming the Maldives may disappear under water, because 80% of the country’s area is located just 1meter above sea level.
http://www.visitmaldives.com/en







3. IGUAZU FALLS

Waterfall is not my dream place, but it is a place incredibly fascinating and beautiful and that is why I would like to visit.  This place is totally different than previous. This place gives the impression of where you can experience an amazing, unforgetable adventure, as opposed to the first two, where you can relax.  The falls are considered as a wonder of the world.
What makes this place amazing for me:
-it is the most powerful waterfall on the Earth, although nor the largest or highest
-no other has so many separate cascades
- from November to March the Devil’s Gorge is poured over approximately 13.6 gallons of water in a second! This is the amount sufficient to fill 6Olympic swimming pools
- you can hear the roar of the waterfall from a distance of 24km..





Having so many amazing places to visit, i can only play the lottery…. :] 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz